As one of the three largest cities making up the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach is a vibrant, growing, waterfront city that offers many businesses, combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. The City of West Palm Beach was Incorporated November 5, 1894. The City of West Palm Beach is the oldest incorporated municipality in Southeast Florida. It covers an area of 57.69 square miles (55.13 sq mi land/2.56 sq mi water). The average elevation is 13 ft above sea level.
In 2019, the City of West Palm Beach became the first city in Florida to be globally recognized by the International Festival and Events Association as a World Festival and Event City. The City of West Palm Beach is a beautiful city which provides a spectacular backdrop for a variety of award-winning events that entertain and delight people of all ages and from all walks of life year-round. The city produces over 220 unique, original events each year which are all free and family-friendly.
Some of the free events throughout the year include:
- Screen on the Green, a family-friendly movie night under the stars on the waterfront.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket, voted the Best Farmer’s Market in America by USA Today People’s Choice featuring unique homegoods, crafts, flowers, produce, and artisan food and drinks with live music
- Sunday on the Waterfront, a monthly concert series featuring the hottest acts in front of the gorgeous waterfront
- Clematis by Night, a weekly concert series bringing the area’s best local, regional and even national artists to play a variety of genres of music
- Holiday in Paradise, during December, the City of West Palm Beach becomes the home to the world’s only 700-ton, 35 foot tall holiday tree made out of sand. Come see this iconic Florida sculpture
- And more!
Please contact the City of West Palm Beach directly for current details, hours, schedule, promotions, admission tickets, and to verify visitor travel information as things may change. Check out our See & Do Page for other fun things to do in Florida and our Deals Page for offers and coupons for Florida attractions, restaurants, shops and more.
Information courtesy of the City of West Palm Beach