Sandi Hangs 10!
Sandi, the 35-foot, 700-ton holiday sand tree and star of the City of West Palm Beach’s Holiday in Paradise, turns 10 this season. Since 2012, Sandi has grown from 400 to 700 tons. Sandi is the world’s largest and only Christmas tree made out of sand. Sandi is about celebrating and bringing good tide-ings and hope to all! Come see her tree-mendous detail by day, and then watch Sandi steal the spotlight in magical, nightly music and light shows. Enjoy holiday specials at your favorite shops and restaurants in downtown West Palm Beach. Stroll Clematis Street under the canopy of lights to make countless memories. Sandi is located on the Great Lawn between North and South Clematis Street and Flagler Drive. Mark your calendar for these FREE holiday and Christmas events in West Palm Beach.
- Nightly Light Shows (December 2 – 31) Sandi’s world-famous light shows run from 6-10 PM on the quarter hour. See Sandi, Frankie the Fountain and their friends come to life nightly during music and light shows! Don’t miss the other four sculptures celebrating the sea-sun on Flagler Drive. Show times subject to change during special events.(100 N. Clematis Street).
- Santa at Sandi (December 2, 10 & 18) Santa – and kids looking to share their annual wish lists – will be safely distanced from each other, with Santa tucked inside a snow globe. Children and families can stand outside of the globe for photos. Visits with Santa are free, and families are welcome to take pictures with their mobile phones.
- TEE-ki Time Mini Golf (Thursdays – Sundays in December from 6-9 p.m.) Located in the North Clematis Trellis (north side of the Great Lawn). Visit the WPB Tiki for snacks and to purchase a game of golf.
- Sandi’s Photo Spots (Daily, December 2 – 31) There are plenty of picture-perfect locations throughout Sandi Land to get the shell-fie of your dreams ! #WPBSandTree
- Clematis By Night (Every Thursday, December 2, 9, 16, 23) Stop by and say “shell-o” at South Florida’s weekly heritage event. Enjoy the festive sounds of Brooke Eden (Country Music) on December 2. On December 9 listen to Dee Dee Wilde perform Top 40 hits. On December 16 enjoy Reverend Barry & the Funk Band play Funk, Soul and R&B music. On December 23 enjoy The Bobby Rodriguez Orchestra play Big Band and Holiday hits.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket (Every Saturday, December 4, 11, 18) Complete your holiday shopping at the number one farmers market in America named by USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice.
- Sandi’ s Story Time (December 10 at 6 p.m.) Families are welcome to gather at the foot of the Sandi tree for an unforgettable experience, as Sandi sings along and reads aloud. The event is free (100 N. Clematis Street). Santa will visit with attendees immediately following at 6 p.m to. At 7:00pm, watch The Santa Clause 2 (Rated G) for screen on the green.
- Sandi’s Pancake Breakfast (December 18 from 9 – 11 a.m.) This third annual activity features a $6 per person (plus processing fee) pancake breakfast. Tickets can be purchased here. Tables will be appropriately spaced and CDC guidelines followed. Breakfast attendees will also have private access to photos with Santa in his snow globe (100 N. Clematis Street).
- Sunday on the Waterfront (December 19 from 4 – 7 p.m.) Surf’s up as the Aloha Islanders perform their Tropical Holiday Spectacular featuring authentic, high-energy Polynesian entertainment with Sandi’s Annual Conch Blowing Contest for all ages (100 N. Clematis Street).
- Last Chance to See Sandi! (December 31 from 6 p.m. – midnight) You and Sandi on New Year’s Eve? Mer-maid for each other! Come ‘wave’ goodbye and catch Sandi’s final shows running though midnight.
SANDI’S COMMUNITY PARTNER
Sandi has 10 years of stories to tell, so this year her Community Partner is the Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach. They’re kicking off their Winter Reading Program for kids of all ages (that means adults, too), hosting an ongoing Make & Send Greeting Card Station, and featuring holiday programs and events all month. WPBCityLibrary.org
For other fun things to do in Florida, check our See and Do page. Traveling on a budget? See our Deals page for discounts and coupons for Florida attractions, shopping, dining and more!