As one of the three largest cities in the South Florida region, and the central city of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach is a vibrant, growing, waterfront city that offers many businesses, combined with a more refined and relaxed environment for living and working. The City of West Palm Beach was incorporated on November 5, 1894. As the oldest incorporated municipality in Southeast Florida, West Palm Beach covers 57.69 square miles (55.13 square miles of land/2.56 square miles water). The average elevation is 13 ft above sea level.
In 2019, the City of West Palm Beach became the first city in Florida to be globally recognized by the International Festival and Events Association as a World Festival and Event City. The City of West Palm Beach is a beautiful city that provides a spectacular backdrop for various award-winning events that entertain and delight people of all ages and from all walks of life year-round. Each year, the city produces over 220 unique, original events, all free and family-friendly.
Some of the free events throughout the year include:
- Clematis by Night is a weekly concert series bringing the area’s best local, regional and national artists to the stage. CBN’s beautiful setting on the spectacular West Palm Beach Waterfront creates a seaside happy hour vibe with a laid-back ambiance that’s unmatched.
- Holiday in Paradise includes Sandi, the world’s only 700-ton, 35-foot tall holiday tree made entirely from sand. The month-long event returns every December on the West Palm Beach Waterfront. Come see this iconic Florida sculpture, music and light shows, voted Best Public Holiday Light Display in America 2021 by USA Today 10Best Reader’s Choice.
- Screen on the Green transforms the West Palm Beach Waterfront into a theater under the stars, featuring classic and contemporary family-friendly movies.
- Sunday on the Waterfront is a monthly concert series that provides an ideal setting for good times and great entertainment, a fantastic way to relax and unwind with friends and family on a Sunday afternoon.
- West Palm Beach GreenMarket, voted the Best Farmer’s Market in America in 2021 and 2022 by a USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice poll. The Market offers farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, baked loaves of bread, pastries, plants and flowers, as well as artisan food and drinks with live music.
- 4th on Flagler, South Florida’s largest Independence Day celebration, features a Military Salute, kid’s area, games for all ages, fantastic entertainment on multiple stages, Americana food and beverages, and a fireworks extravaganza.
- And more!
Visit our website for current dates and details.